Ayurvedic Copper Water Bottle - 600ml - Hammered
The Down Low
- 600ml Capacity
- Made form a single sheet of 100% Copper with a food safe silicon seal
Top Benefits: (Keep Scrolling for full infomation)
- Aids Digestion
- Helps Eliminate Excess Fat
- Slows the signs of Ageing
- Boosts Energy Levels
- Supports the Thyroid Gland
- Helps Keeps Skin Healthy
- Supports a Healthy Immune System
- Maintains Cardiovascular Health & Improves Circulation
- Stimulates the Brain & Protects Cognitive Function
- Creates Naturally Alkaline Water
Each Bottle comes packaged in a Up-Cycled Silk Sari Bag and includes a full information sheet on the befits associoated with drinking from copper, plus cleaning instructions using our favourite salt and lemon method.
Why Drinking from a Copper Bottle Rocks...
Copper is a trace mineral that is vital for multiple functions of the body. When water is stored in a copper vessel the copper leaches into the water, infusing it with all its wonderful positive properties which are then passed over to you when you drink it. This is no new fad. Ayurvedic practice has promoted the use of copper water vessels for centuries. It's commonplace in India to store water in this way, and according to traditional Ayurvedic principles, can help to balance the three ‘doshas’ (google it!) in our bodies, keeping us feeling fit and energised. Pretty incredible huh?!?
What Makes our Bottles Special?
Unlike many other copper bottles, ours really and truly are 100% copper. Each bottle is handcrafted out of a single copper sheet by skilled artisans using traditional methods. They have no joints or seams and are of exceptional quality. You can see videos of them being made on pur facebook page. Our bottles are also fitted with a food-safe silicon seal, meaning you can pop in your bag and run out the door without worrying about your bottle leaking.
Like all our products, we hand-pick everything ourselves. We have spent a considerable amount of time with the supplier and are confident the artisans are paid fairly for their incredible skill.
Some Things To Remember…
- Due to the natural oxidising process, copper stains and darkens over time. Some people like this natural patina others like to keep it super shiny. For maximum benefit we recommend cleaning the inside of your bottle every 7 - 9 days. As for the outside, it's totally up to you.
- These copper bottles are meant to store water alone. Adding anything else to the water (particularly citrus fruit) can cause a chemical reaction. Only ever fill with water!
- To get the best results from your copper bottle water fill at night, let it rest while you sleep and then consume the next morning. I then use mine throughout the day as well, just like a normal refillable bottle.
- These bottles will not make you thinner, smarter or younger! But they might well improve your overall health, and help to make you feel amzingggg!
The Top 10 Health Benefits Of Drinking From A Copper Bottle
1. Aids Digestion Because of its amazing anti-bacterial properties, drinking from our copper water bottles helps the good bacteria in your gut fight off the bad bacteria, helping to maintain a proper flora balance in our digestive systems. Copper has properties that help stimulate peristalsis (the wave-like contractions that moves food through the digestive tract), helping you digest your food more effectively. It also flushes out the digestive tract, helping to detox the liver and kidneys.
2. Helps to Eliminate Excess Fat Now, I'm not saying drink from this and you'll be thin but, studies show that drinking from a copper water bottle can help your body process excess fat. Copper helps your body break down fat and eliminate it as efficiently as possible, allowing you to hold on to what your body needs and get rid of the rest. Combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise, drinking from a copper vessel could be a safe and natural way to maintain a healthy weight.
3. Slows the signs of Ageing Obviously, water stored in a copper bottle doesn't suddenly become the elixir of life, but it does take on the incredible anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of copper which may help to counteract the damaging effect of free radicals in your skin cells. Free-radicals are one of the main reasons for the formation of lines on our skin. Copper stimulates cell renewal, giving your skin a double whammy of cellular healing. And who doesn't need a bit of cellular healing in their life?
4. Boosts Energy Levels Right, let me try to explain this in a way we can all understand. Basically, copper is an element that is necessary for the synthesis of the Nucleotide ATP, the currency our body uses to create and transfer energy. Without adequate amounts of copper, our bodies start to run low on this currency and can't produce energy at a molecular level, making us feel tired and drained. Drinking from a copper bottle can give your biological bank balance a top up without you having to do anything but drink from it! Awesome!
5. Supports the Thyroid Gland Your thyroid is a gland that, among other things, regulates hormonal function and metabolism, so keeping it healthy is really important. Studies show that a shared trait in people who suffer from thyroid conditions is an imbalance in their copper levels. As copper cannot be produced by the body, it needs to be found from external sources. Drinking from a copper water bottle helps combat copper deficiency and can regulate the proper functioning of your thyroid gland, keeping your metabolism ticking and your hormones releasing effectively.
6. Helps Keeps Skin Healthy Once again, you're not going to take one sip from this and come out with a flawless face. Sadly, life just doesn't work like that. But copper is known to be a key component in the production of new cells that help replenish the top layers of our skin, which in turn helps to keep our skin fresh and glowing. Additionally, copper is vital in the production of melanin, which helps the body stay safe from sun damage. Studies suggest that drinking from a copper water bottle on a regular basis, especially early in the morning, can help to keep your skin healthy and fresh.
7. Supports a Healthy Immune System White blood cells are the infection-fighting heroes of our bodies. Inadequate copper intake has been shown to reduce the number of white blood cells in our bodies, making us more vulnerable to infections. Drinking from a copper water bottle is a great way to help ensure we are getting the right amount of copper into our systems, keeping our immune systems healthy and enabling us to heal inside and out as quickly as possible. Woop!
8. Maintains Cardiovascular Health & Improves Circulation Again, I’m in no way saying this is a quick fix for serious heart problems but, studies have shown that trace amounts of copper can help minimise the risk of developing heart disease, can help to regulate blood pressure, and can help lower cholesterol levels. Copper also helps prevent the build-up of plaque in the arteries and dilates blood vessels to allow better flow of blood to the heart. Copper is known to be an essential mineral for the formation of enzymes involved in keeping arteries healthy and building blood volume.
9. Stimulates the Brain & Protects Cognitive Function Now, just to be clear, drinking from this bottle is not going to make you a genius, but copper is a known brain stimulant and helps your mind work faster and more efficiently. The brain works by transmitting impulses from one neuron to another. Each neurone is covered in myelin and damage to this protective sheath will slow down nerve impulses. Copper aids in the synthesis of materials essential for the formation of myelin. Proper amounts of copper in the body have been associated with more advanced thought processes and the ability to absorb and process complex information. Incredible stuff.
10. Creates Naturally Alkaline Water When you store water in your copper water bottle, the water naturally and safely absorbs very small amounts of copper. This naturally ionizes the water and causes the water to become naturally alkaline, which in turn helps to neutralise the acidity in your body and balance your body’s PH levels. In nature, water can become alkaline by passing through a mountain spring and absorbing minerals. Water stored in a copper water bottle essentially does the same thing as it rubs against the walls of the copper bottle.